November 5, 2011

Robert Doisneau - Paris 1940s, 1950s


Robert Doisneau was one of the first photographers I came to know of. The photograph above was framed in in the TV room of the home where I grew up. These photographs really capture some amazing moments of the old times in Paris.  



"I like people for their weaknesses and faults. I get on well with ordinary people. We talk. We start with the weather, and little by little we get to the important things. When I photograph them it is not as if I were examining them with a magnifying class, like a cold and scientific observer. It's very brotherly. And it's better, isn't it, to shed some light on those people who are never in the limelight". 
- Robert Doisneau











See more images here


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...