September 6, 2011

Travel Destination: Santorini

Photo by Mark Reyfman

When I was a kid, I went on a cruise to the Greek Islands with my family and the place I remember the most is Santorini. I don't think there is another place like this in the world, it may resemble Positano, Italy but they are quite different. Santorini's all-white architecture by the sea is the perfect canvas for reflections of the sun and the ocean. I would love to go back and see this island with my grown-up eyes. Fun fact: this island is a remnant of a big volcanic explosion.

Of course the other thing I remember is the intense heat and how my dad managed to gulp down a big glass of orange juice and order a second one before the waiter even left the table. Lastly, I definitely didn't forget the mule ride to the top.









No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...